-By, Teresa Lawlor
On November 18th, over five years after the release of the final chapter of Harry Potter’s story, a new film was released, to the delight of millions of fans around the globe. “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” is the story of Newt Scamander, a magizoologist who visits NYC over sixty years before the beginning of the Potter books. This crossword was created in honor of this new story within the Harry Potter universe, and in celebration of the seven books that came before.
Please note that this crossword is based off of the books, rather than the films, so it may be very difficult for those who were strictly moviegoers.
- Ginny’s full name.
- Skiving ______box.
- The corridor on this floor was off-limits during Harry’s first year at Hogwarts. 11. The Chosen One.
- This sweet helps after an encounter with a dementor.
- A tricky puzzle, or Voldemort’s real last name.
- He was the master of the Elder Wand before Dumbledore.
- Albus Percival _______ Brian Dumbledore
- His favorite color is lilac (and he taught Defense Against the Dark Arts!).
- ______ Hagrid
- The last name of the actual three brothers.
- The great-great-granddaughter of Cassandra Trelawney.
- The house elf of the Crouch family.
- Amos _______
- This magizoologist traveled to New York City in the 1920s.
- “I open at the close.” (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
- “Where those of wit and learning,/Will always find their kind…” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
- The sister of the Beauxbatons’ champion.
- Pet of Neville Longbottom.
- Lockhart won their “Most Charming Smile” award five times.
- Parvati Patil’s twin.
- The phoenix that provided the cores of Voldemort’s and Harry’s wands.
- This magical creature is the mascot of the Irish Quidditch Team.
- The cry of a mature specimen of this magical plant is fatal.
- All first-years at Hogwarts must have a cauldron made out of this metal.
- Equal in value to seventeen Sickles.
- The Daily ______
- The name of Harry’s daughter (named after his mother).